Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On my to see/read list

So sorry I haven't been updating my blog, I've been lazy.

I'm using this post as a list of movies I want to see this summer and a list of books on my to read list.

Movies:

My Life in Ruins, June 5, trailer: This looks cute and will have many shots of Greece, which I LOVE.

The Proposal, June 19, trailer: This looks goofy and I haven't seen a Sandra Bullock flick in forever!

My Sister's Keeper, June 26, trailer: I teared up just watching the trailer. I somewhat question the choice of Diaz as the mother, but it won't keep me away from the theatre.

The Ugly Truth, July 24, trailer: Sorry, but who doesn't love Katherine Heigl?

Funny People, July 31, trailer: This looks decent, I'll be interested to see the supporting comedy and if they can pull it off.

Julie & Julia, August 7, trailer: Amy Adams and Meryl Streep together again?! Yes please. Plus cooking unhealthy food with no experience, so great.

Post Grad, August 21, trailer: Alexis Bledel, enough said. Plus, no one makes movies about how bleak life looks right after you graduate college. It's about time.

Books on my to read list (more so I don't forget what I want to read):

"My Sister's Keeper," By Judy Picoult: I have to read this before I see the movie, so it's been bumped up to the next book I am reading.

"Firefly Lane," By Kristin Hannah: Picked this up at Target. Looks like a nice, light summer read.

"The Man of My Dreams," By Curtis Sittenfeld: Currently devouring Sittenfeld's third novel loosely based on the life of Laura Bush. I missed this book when it came out (her second novel) and I love everything by this author, so will have to read this one.

"The Soloist," By Steve Lopez: Heard nothing but good thing about this book.

2 comments:

Shannon Barry said...

The soloist is amazing. You will love every moment of it, I guarantee it. ;)

Maile said...

I recently read both My Sisters Keeper and Man of my Dreams and really liked them both. While the latter is my least favorite of Sittenfelds work, that doesn't say much considering how much I loved the other two.