Wednesday, June 04, 2008

ARGH

Well I didn't think I'd post for awhile, I was enjoying Twitter too much.

But now someone has gone and ticked me off.

How the heck am I expected to do my job when no one, except the community maybe, is appreciating what I am writing as of late?

I get it, budget stories aren't interesting, BUT when the local district is facing cuts and a deficit, which would affect the spotless reputation of education in this town, it is important to cover!

AND when the papers shrink and I get like, maybe 4 pages to fit in everything, I have to delay those heartwarming frivolous features. DEAL WITH IT.

I'm sorry I thought my job was to make sure the news got out first. I was taught news first, features second.

And if you have an issue with my section, take me aside and speak with me. Don't send some freakin' email to the office with your comments on how my section doesn't meet your standards.

I'm offended and hurt. I've been working my tail off lately and all I get is these sorts of comments – and I'm pretty sure that my editor and publisher don't even read my stories. As soon as they see budget, they gloss over it, even though it is important!

1 comment:

Mike said...

You REALLY need to go tell that person your thoughts then. Do it for yourself PLEASE!!!!!!!!! Seriously.