Friday, June 13, 2008

Shoreline is a freakin' rip-off

So I sent my wonderful boyfriend to Shoreline this week to get tickets for Brad Paisley's Shoreline concert next week – lawn seats are only $20.

To buy the tickets online the service charges would total $13.80 extra a ticket- that is more that 50% the ticket price.

So I sent Mike to the box office (which by the way is only open 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekdays, ummmm WTF?) where he went to buy the tickets with about a $9.25 service charge per ticket for "convenience fees!" UMMMM its very inconvenient for my boyfriend to drive to your box office so why are we still paying these freaking fees?

Apparently if you go on Sunday, between 10 a.m. and 2 pm. you don't have to pay some of those fees, about $5, but you still have to pay other fees, I think.

Um I realize if there are extra printing costs or whatever, just up the price of the concert ticket. I'd feel better about paying for a $30 concert ticket without paying 50 percent in extra fees! For some reason fees that add up to be more or about 50 percent of your ticket price seems ridiculous!

1 comment:

thenestor said...

I think there's a lot of marketing logic going on there. If they can publish the price as "$20," a lot of people are going to say, "Gee, only twenty bucks, I can afford that." They don't find out about the service charge until they're ready to buy tickets, and at that point most people are willing to spend 50% more because they've already committed to the purchase emotionally. It's sort of a bait-and-switch tactic.