Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Ch-ch-changes

So I went to see a wonderful musical last night, "Snapshots." Composed by Stephen Schwartz who also composed "Wicked" and "Enchanted."

Anyway the musical which was basically about how a relationship turned sour over 30 years reminded me of another creative version of The Last Five Years. Also a really good musical, if you haven't checked it out you need to. Like now.

Anyway I got some news this week about one of my close friends who ended her engagement. It was sort of a shock. What was even more of a shock was her reconnection with an old flame. I would like to say her first real flame, from high school.

I am happy she is doing what makes her happy. And after watching a musical last night which illustrated how two people grew apart over 30 years, I am glad she made this decision before she got married and had children down the road.

She is doing what she needs to do, its just so crazy that after everything that has happened, things might end up like they once were, seven years ago.

I really don't have a real reason for this post. It just got me thinking about the past and the way things used to be. I'm happy I am where I am at right now, but I am also grateful for the past because it is what got me to the spot I'm at right now.

I'm thankful for my friends, past and present. They've each had a part in making me the woman I am today, and I wouldn't change that for a million bucks. Well maybe for a million bucks, times are hard these days!

2 comments:

thenestor said...

That reminds me, I guess we need to go toy shopping when you come down to visit.

Anonymous said...

Haha, a little birdie told me about your post. At the time that was supposed to be on the down low ;). Its pretty well out now though, so its no biggie.