Monday, July 14, 2008

Picture tour of a picturesque weekend

So this was a jam-packed weekend. But a good one at that.

The weekend started with dinner and an old fashioned flick at the Stanford Theatre with my good friend Marie and Alexis. We saw Strategic Air Command, starring Jimmy Stewart and some horrible representation of a woman playing his wife. The movie was full of Cold War propaganda and horrible anti-feminism sentiments. All in all though it was a fun evening.



The next morning I woke up bright and early to work my shift at the Los Altos Art & Wine festival. Our paper has a both there where we try to hawk subscriptions and we pass out ballons (with our logo on it) to the little kiddies.



At the festival I bought a print by this really cool artist. Here is one of his pieces (not the one I got).



After the Art and Wine festival it was off to the beach. Where I was going to meet up with my friend Raj and some old friends from the dorms. We went to Seabright Beach right next to the BoardWalk in Santa Cruz, but way less crowded. Here is picture of that beach, when I get pictures from the event I'll update this post.



After the beach, which was packed with frisbee, football, dogs and friends, I headed back over the hill to Mike's where his parent's were. We all went out to dinner then saw John Caparulo at Rooster T. Feather's in Sunnyvale. He was so great and everything we were hoping. Way way funny. Check him out!



The next day I met up with my good friend Amanda and we went to Cow Hollow in San Francisco to get some brunch. We didn't get to go to the place we hoped, but we still ordered the delicious items at a place that was somewhat subpar.



After brunch we headed over the Golden Gate Bridge for a tour of Mill Valley.



First she drove me to town, where we saw the cute downtown, her office and some of the beautiful estates. All the while Mount Tamalpias was in the background.



Then Amanda took up up Mt. Tam to show me where they hold the Mountain Play and the beautiful view that goes along with it.



After we reached the empty stadium and admired the view we headed back down the mountain the back way. Where we were greeted with beautiful town of Stinson Beach. We continued to drive up highway 1 until we were almost in Pt. Reyes.



Overall it was an amazing day with a beautiful ride up the northern coast. Good company of course and beautiful scenery. I'm glad I got to share it all with you.

P.S. I didn't take any of these pictures because I forgot my camera but wanted to remember everything about this weekend so I took stuff from other websites.

2 comments:

Claire said...

That lighthouse print is great! Sounds like a super weekend!

Cxx

thenestor said...

You forgot to mention the part where you drove through Hayward.