Monday, November 19, 2007

Blogging

So I am tired of not posting more often. It's ridiculous. I am a writer. Why can't I write a stinkin' blog every once in awhile. So here we go. It is my goal to write three times a week (at least) through the end of the year. Here we go....

So life has been very busy as of late. I worked (dressed as an elf, ugh) for my mom this past weekend in Sacramento, I work the San Jose show with her this weekend. Oy, the people who go to these shows are such soccer moms. And the stuff sold at these shows are oh so cutsie. Blech.

The money I am making working for my mom is going toward a new TV, for my new room. Yes folks, I am moving up the Peninsula to Sunnyvale. Yipee to cutting my commute in half (no more freeway)! The house is owned by a woman named Rhonda, she seems pretty nice. She and her part-time daughter Caitlyn live in the guesthouse. I am renting the master bedroom and another lady (who I haven't met) is renting two rooms on the opposite side of the house. The house is huge with all wood floors and the best part is the ginormous kitchen! It has a huge island and it is just amazing! I'm inspired by it, I'm going to look into taking cooking classes so I can test things in a large kitchen.

My room is pretty large, 9.5' by 15.5' and the bathroom is connected to the room. One whole wall is all closet space with cabinet storage space above. My mom is going to drive up one of our old easy chairs and I am going to put it in the room so I can feel like I have a living room/bedroom in one. I'm excited to move, very excited...

...and stressed. This weekend is occupied with work for my mom, next weekend I am going home and that leaves me two weekends to devote to boxing things up. And that also leaves only two weekends for shopping for Christmas gifts. Ugh. And the paper is about to go into warp speed what with putting 6 issues out in the month of December. Meh.

But I digress, there is plenty to be happy about. A new room. A new TV (32-40'' flat screen). A weekend at home to lolly-gag and have fun. New music that has been perfect for my moods lately. AND Mike may be switching to day shifts soon! That is what makes me most happy at all. I can't believe we would be on similar schedules again. It's been too long.

So to send you off I will reccomend some of the music I have been jammin on lately....
Mirah- You Think it's like this but it's really like this - Thanks Amanda!
Ingrid Michaelson- Girls and Boys - If you haven't heard this you must go download it immediately, it is great!
Colbie Caillat- Coco - She sings the "Bubbly" song the radio plays incessantly, but the rest of the CD is really wonderful.
Damien Rice- 9 - It's a year old CD that I just sampled this week, it's good.

No comments: