Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I both hate and love Wednesdays

Wednesdays are the day the paper comes out.

So you think, yay finally people get to see what I have been working my tail off on all week. Maybe they'll like it and send some sort of thank you email or nice note.

But no, that assumption is usually wrong.

I worked on beefing up a press release and actually making it a story this week. Apparently the person who gave us the press release is pissed.

Well you want to know what – I'm pissed too!

I was working on a handful of stories for the paper on Friday, on top of trying to publish a freakin' 64-page magazine when my boss comes and hands me this press release to beef up, something like 5 hours before deadline.

He basically tells me to take out references puffing up the agency who sent us the release. SO I DID.

And now the person from the agency, a somewhat reputable person in the community is pissed off.

Well guess what – IT'S NOT MY FREAKING FAULT. I was just doing what I was told. And I am SICK AND TIRED OF GETTING SHIT FROM PEOPLE.

I'm especially tired of getting shit from people regarding things that in the large scheme of things AREN'T THAT IMPORTANT.

Anyway, for those who do care I worked really hard this week. And I have three stories I am really proud of - in case you are interested in reading them here are their links:
• LASD advisers predict deficit for next five years
And in case you are wondering about the picture, I posted it to calm me down. It is of my parent's timeshare at Lake Tahoe.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm sorry about all those people who don't appreciate! (Just make sure they don't find this blog of yours). But based on your other 3 articles, just the headlines alone, people aren't sounding too happy anyway! LET THERE BE NO MORE DOOM AND GLOOM FOR LOS ALTOS SCHOOLS!!!!!