Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm embarrased to admit...


So I'm embarrassed to admit, I like suburbia.

Blame it on my Orange County childhood or blame it on the fact that I surround myself in the quaint neighborhoods of Los Altos for work.

I can't get enough of little 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom houses, located the perfect distance away from noisy streets but just close enough to the award winning nearby public schools.

I find myself often parked near some of these neighborhoods during my lunch break, staring into a house and imagining my future. It's strange, because the notion of kids and being a mom makes me sick to my stomach. It's just something about these houses that remind me of home.

A home would be nice. I live in a house right now, but it's very different from a home. It's not mine, so I can't qualify it as a home.

Often times I'll be getting coffee on Main St. and I'll see two moms walking with their kids just chatting and having a great all time. This picture both sickens and intrigues me. These women look like the most relaxed people, not a care or worry in the world. And they are never in a hurry, just totally enjoying the moment.

Granted their husbands are probably multi-millionaires bringing in all the dough, so they have nothing to worry about... except maybe their husband's fidelity. But that is me just be being pessimistic.

Life has just been super stressful lately, I guess I'd just like to know what it felt like to not be worrying about things like the future, finances etc.

No comments: