Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Flashing lights....



So I went to Vegas a few on President's Day weekend. It was fun.

I was able to bring $200 and not spend a penny more. Thanks in part to making my money last on the slot machines (and my boyfriend, for feeding me), my favorites include penny and nickel Wheel of Fortune (and you know I'm taking about the one with the gigantor spinner!), the lobster fishing one and the mermaid one! All good fun.

I think it's kind a funny how I don't take to video games well at all, but I love the video slots. I won't do any other slots unless they are video ones and have awesome bonus rounds.

All in all I left with less money than I came with, but oh well, no worries. I didn't go to the ATM once, which showed some restraint on my part.

Highlights:
-Dinner at the Tuscany Resort- mmmmmm nothing like good Italian food, good wine and a fine buzz the whole time.
-Gambling at the Monte Carlo- this went on for hours- as did my buzz
-Dinner at the Piano bar- we did nothing but sing along and eat pub food for over two hours. The piano men loved us, they kept giving us ("San Francisco") shout outs
-The view from the Voo Doo Lounge atop the Rio (see picture above)
-The authentic Bavarian Hauf Brau (sp?)- it was great, people were crazy drunk all around us and kept paying top dollar just to get a shot of jagger and a spank from their waitress

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shannon Barry said...

I can't wait for a vacation... and a Vegas one more specifically considering I have never been. I will definitely have to check out the piano bar. Sounds like it's right up my alley.

A Panda said...

Were you still riding that buzz when you took that picture from atop the rio?

thenestor said...

You stayed at the Tuscany? That's funny because the Blaylocks were in Vegas last week (20th-23rd), and they stayed at the Tuscany too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.