Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fun with Mike


Been having a lot of fun with my boyfriend lately.

Last weekend we decided to take a whirlwind day trip to Sacramento/Elk Grove. It was hilarious, we did all the touristy things to do:

• We toured the Capitol
• Went to the Crocker Museum (and looked at historical California art)
• We walked around old downtown Sacramento – ate a snack dive place and then bought yummy candy!
• Had brunch at the Tower Cafe, next to a historical theatre and landmark of Sacramento.
• The we went to ANOTHER historical theatre and saw this movie. Which I have to say is the absolute worst film I've ever seen. EVER. I never walk out of movies but was seconds away from walking out of this monstrosity. You would think Charlize Theron, Nick Stahl and Dennis Hopper would be able to create a better movie than it turned out to be, but no, not even a cast could save the plot of this movie.

After the movie it was time to visit Elk Grove, or as I like to refer to it as, Mike's new Plano. See Mike likes to "future trip" as a good friend would call it. He wants to move there when we are ready to start a family (in around five years or so). So we looked at various different neighborhoods, and ended the night at a brewery in old downtown Elk Grove for dinner.

Isn't it funny how all of Northern California towns have downtowns? It's a strange phenomenon for a Southern California person like me, I didn't even know what a downtown looked like (well except for maybe LA, or business type downtowns) before I came to Nor Cal and now I work in one.

Anyway so that was the fun that we had last weekend.

Now last night, I did something I had been resisting for a long time. Mike wanted to go take a walk to the nearest dive bar "The Peacock Lounge," or as locals refer to it as, "The Cock."

I thought maybe after a drink or two we'd leave and then we could watch a movie or something at my place. But NO!

This place was fun! Really fun, I'm sure the drinks helped make it fun but we spent the whole night playing darts and having strong drinks, without worrying about who needs to drive home. It was awesome, and the drinks were killer – seriously.

Mike and I rarely get to drink together so this was a fun opportunity, also really cheap. I think we got five drinks for $27, and the service was amazing.

So that was my Saturday. And today Mike and I are going to the last (for us anyway) Sharks game of the season. They won the Pacific Division title on Friday night, away, so we get to help celebrate that victory tonight!

Ok, well I hope you all have been having wonderful weekends.

1 comment:

Shannon Barry said...

I'm so happy for you Traci =) especially given how little time you and Mike generally get to see each other. Glad to know the Peacock Lounge was worth visiting... though I will just be having their sodas. But I am sure friends will be happy to hear about the good cheap drinks.